And so ’tis the season…
’Tis the season of crying on your bed over failed outfit choices, clothes strewn all over the bedroom floor, smashed eyeshadow palettes staining the carpet… Are we excited?! You bet!
Indeed, it’s that time of year again when you realise that the extra mince pie you had last night was the difference between zipping your dress up today or not, and having to live with the fact that you have spent the budget for your entire family’s Christmas presents on online shopping for yourself. Ho ho OH NO!
But… No longer are we to have the dreaded panic buying, meltdowns or other such calamities! Alongside the help of Second Thread, I’m guiding you in the right direction to avoid Yuletide tears and tantrums, styling two festive looks for day and night. It really is as easy as reading this post (and then going to purchase the items…). Promise!
Festive Style 101:
Right, let’s just get one thing clear. No one likes to be cold at Christmas. Forget backless jumpsuits, plunging necklines and mini skirts, it’s all about tights, layers and long-sleeves (the winter dream). This Orion Star Print Wrap Dress is all you need come party season, and if you want to know why, I’ve bullet pointed below (P.S. had to refrain from continuing the list in an endless summary of why this dress is so great, but I’m sure you’ll get the picture from my five points anyway…).
Five Reasons You Need This Dress Over Christmas:
- First of all, it’s adorned with stars and it doesn’t get more Christmas-orientated than that. Stars = already nailing the festive wardrobe. One box ticked!
- The V neckline means you can style it with a polo neck jumper if you want to wear it to a daytime event. A dress that kills two birds with one stone, now that’s what we like. Keep reading, it gets even better…
- Ruffles. Need I say more? Nope.
- One word: boots. Yep, this is the easiest party dress to style with boots because as previously mentioned NO ONE LIKES TO BE COLD AT CHRISTMAS.
- It’s feminine whilst still being modern and fashion forward.
- Dress it up with red lips and a fluffy jacket for a cosy, festive evening look! Oooops, that was six reasons, never mind!
Okay, must stop. Onto the next…
We can’t just talk about evening wear, can we? Unless we’re just hibernating in the daytime. But even then we need a good outfit for that too, right?
Think monochromatic, cosy and comfortable and you’re pretty much where you should be at when it comes to a wintery daytime look. An outfit that’s all one colour palette means you can wear something casual but still feel chic. Second Thread’s Cocoon Knit jumper suits every skin tone as well as looking great with a pair of joggers or a mini skirt. And just in case you’re planning your hibernation until January, this knit is perfect to snuggle underneath your blanket with watching re-runs of The Holiday…
And there you have it, my Christmas gift to you! So you can now be rest-assured that the only reason you’ll be crying this Christmas is because Jude Law isn’t waiting at your door to take you to a country pub, and not because you can’t find any appropriate outfits (ahhh but we don’t really cry over bad outfits though, do we…?).
Merry Christmas, ladies!
What I’m Wearing
Second Thread Discount code: ‘millennial20’ for 20% off all items
Dress | Second Thread, here
Jacket | Boohoo, similar linked below
Boots | River Island, here
Bag | Saint Laurent Sunset Bag, linked below
Jumper | Second Thread, here
Skirt | Zara, similar linked below
Boots | Mango, similar linked below
Jacket | Loavies, here